Experience the hustle and bustle of a modern suburban network using classic electric traction, linking Glasgow's suburbs with the historic Glasgow Central hub, in Train Sim World 2: Cathcart Circle Line.
The Cathcart Circle Line and its branches date back to the late 1800s, the line between Glasgow and Cathcart via Mount Victoria opened in 1866, with the circle being completed via Shawlands in 1894. Neilston station followed close behind, opening in 1903, with the branches between there and Newton acting as a through route for coal trains. While the days of freight are long gone, both branches remain a core part of the Strathclyde commuter network to this day.
It’s your job to take charge of the diverse services across this route; hurry commuters from the leafy suburbs and densely populated towns on the south bank of the River Clyde, up into the iconic Glasgow Central station.
Take control of the instantly recognisable “PEP” in the form of the BR Class 314 EMU, adorning ScotRail’s Saltire livery, and go to work on a variety of services. Shuttle between Glasgow, Newton and Neilston, and call at stations along the entirety of the Cathcart Circle in both clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Take things for a turn by running services from Glasgow to Glasgow, and bring trains in and out of Shields depot and Neilston turnback siding.
Choose how you want to play; drive trains, ride around as a passenger, complete the route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. Create your own experiences with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there's lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: Cathcart Circle Line.
- 20-mile (32 km) route from Glasgow Central to Newton and Neilston via the Cathcart Circle
- Includes the BR Class 314 EMU in ScotRail Saltire livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cab with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology