Diesel Legends of the Great Western offers an entirely new perspective through the train cabs of yesteryear. An age before HSTs and Turbos; Westerns and heritage slammers reigned supreme and you can take control of these long-gone services in Train Sim World 2.
Featuring the BR Class 52, Class 101 and Class 08, this collection for Great Western Express features all-new gameplay representative of the early 1970s, with loco-hauled trains on the fast lines and mechanically-geared DMUs on commuter runs, with shunting and empty stock movements around Old Oak Common. Through a selection of engaging scenarios and an entirely separate timetable, the services of the 1970s are brought back to life.
Put the Preserved Collection to use! Owners of Northern Trans-Pennine can get a taste for semi-fast services with the Class 47, and the BR Heavy Freight Pack will introduce freight trains from back in the day into the new timetable, utilising the TEA tankers and Box Vans on services in and out of Acton yard. Additionally, owners of Tees Valley Line and the Class 31 will be able to haul cement traffic across Brunel’s Billiard Table.
Take a trip back in time and experience classic loco-hauled expresses in Train Sim World 2: Diesel Legends of the Great Western!
Please note: Train Sim World 2: Great Western Express is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- BR Class 52 ‘Western‘ diesel-hydraulic locomotive in weathered BR Blue livery
- Every member of the Class 52 is included, D1000-D1073 each with its own nameplate
- BR Class 101 DMU in BR Blue/Grey livery
- BR Class 08 diesel shunter in BR Blue livery
- BR Mk2 Coaches in BR Blue/Grey livery
- BR Mk1 BG Coach in BR Blue/Grey livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real trains
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios for Great Western Express
- Extensive additional 24-hour Timetable for Great Western Express
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology