Experience a true London veteran that harkens back to the Art Deco era, a unit that defined Underground commuting for generations. Mind the gap, as Rivet Games’ London Underground 1938 Stock has arrived in Train Sim World 2 for yesteryear Bakerloo Line operations!
In 1935, plans were drawn up for modernising public transport throughout London, including new generations of trams, buses, and new rolling stock for London’s deep level Underground lines to support their under-construction extensions. The result for the latter was the 1938 Stock, a revolutionary new design at the time, with all the traction equipment installed under the train floor, instead of behind the driver’s cab, expanding capacity on every service.
The 1938 Stock would go onto having a long-lasting career, working on the Northern, Piccadilly and Central Lines, and of course the Bakerloo Line, which they operated on until the 1980s. As if this wasn’t a prestigious life enough as is, a handful of sets would be shortened to 2 cars, adapted for third rail capability and painted in the striking Network SouthEast livery for use on the Isle of Wight as the Class 483, where they were used until January 2021, making them the oldest working passenger rolling stock in the country. Combine all this with the fact that the 1938 Stock’s revolutionary design would inspire future stock throughout the decades, it earned itself an unshakeable legacy and an enthusiastic following.
From the cosy lightbulb-lit interior to the old school driving controls, the London Underground 1938 Stock is an all-around classic and a pleasure to be aboard, and now thanks to Rivet Games, you can experience it on the Bakerloo Line in Train Sim World 2!
- 1938 Tube Stock in London Transport livery, as it operated on the Bakerloo Line
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode chapter for Bakerloo Line
- Accessible Training Module and 3 detailed and engaging scenarios for Bakerloo Line
- Extensive additional 24-hour Timetable for Bakerloo Line
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology