Winding through the beautiful Alpine Inn valley, the Engadin Linie from Rivet Games features the 57 km Swiss meter-gauge railway from Pontresina to Scuol-Tarasp. Built as the first RhB line to be electrified with single phase alternating current, the metric-gauge line was opened in 1913 to the public - and is now waiting for you to discover it in Train Simulator!
RhB started construction of the core Engadin Linie from Bever to Scuol-Tarasp in 1903, taking nearly 10 years to finish the route, because the long tunnels between Guarda and Scuol presented the miners with unexpected challenges. It was the first RhB route to be electrified right from the beginning - and also the test route for the new single-phase alternating current while the route was under construction.
The Engadin (literally “Valley of the Inn people”) line leads North East through the beautiful regions of Upper and Lower Engadin following the Inn River. The first section comprises the Samedan to Pontresina railway which was built as a link between the Albula and the Bernina lines. It follows the wide valleys around Samedan, before climbing steep hills in the narrow valleys between Cinuos-chel-Brail and the endpoint at Scuol-Tarasp.
Included in the route is the iconic RhB GE 6/6 II locomotive in its typical red livery, with which you’ll be challenged in a range of scenarios. Also included are two EW4 passenger coaches, baggage coach, and 2 freight cars with different loadings.
With its iconic stations and infrastructure buildings along a stunningly beautiful route, the Engadin Linie is always worth a visit. Climb on board the RhB GE 6/6 II locomotive and start serving the 17 stations along the Engadin Linie, waiting for you to master them all!
- 57 km route from Pontresina to Scuol-Tarasp
- RhB L type signalling system with custom designed signal models and features
- Animated Brake Test and Abfahrbefehl (departure indicators)
- Operating "Besetztes Gleis" indicators for entering occupied platforms
- Three state ground signals that function correctly between main signals
- ZSI Safety System track magnets and in-cabin equipment
- Passenger request stop functionality
- Catenary models to represent the unique style of the overhead line equipment
- Custom bridge and tunnel portal models designed to accurately represent the
stunning engineering of the route
- 17 Highly detailed stations modelled meticulously from our detailed 2019 survey of the route
- Atmospheric building models that capture the unique architecture of the region
- GE 6/6 II, EW4 passenger and the Sb-t and Za freight cars included
- 7 Career Scenarios (including a tutorial for the RhB GE 6/6 II locomotive) and 3 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive Compatible