Climb aboard for challenging switching, maintenance-of-way, and train rescue operations with the Train Sim World® 2: Caltrain Electro-Motive MP15DC diesel locomotive for the Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco – San Jose route!
To handle a variety of special duties, commuter railroad Caltrain rosters a pair of versatile EMD MP15DC locomotives which originally served the Southern Pacific.
The MP15DC is a multi-purpose locomotive build in the traditional “end cab” design of diesel switchers but equipped with trucks capable of mainline service. Constructed by Electro-Motive (EMD) from 1974 through 1980, the MP15DC is a four-axle (B-B), 1,500-horsepower (1119 kW) locomotive powered by an EMD 12-cylinder 645-series engine and employing a D.C. generator. A total of 351 MP15s were constructed.
Dressed in Caltrain’s colorful livery, the TSW2 MP15DC is a superb re-creation of the distinctive locomotive and features exacting details, fully interactive and realistic controls, and true-to-life performance. And you’ll have the opportunity to put the Caltrain MP15DC through its paces in a variety of authentic duties ranging from switching and train make-up duties at the railroad’s San Jose shop facilities to handling heavy-tonnage work trains on the main line to coming to the rescue of failed commuter trains!
Please note: Train Sim World 2: Peninsula Corridor: San Francisco - San Jose Route Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on. As this is part of the Preserved Collection, features remain as they were in the original release.
- MP15DC Diesel Switcher in Caltrain livery
- Accurate, true-to-life performance and handling
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
- Includes three engaging scenarios and an interactive training module for Peninsula Corridor
- Includes an additional layer for Timetable Mode on Peninsula Corridor, adding 15 new timetabled services to the route
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology