A hard-working classic comes to life in Train Sim World with the stunning DB BR 204 diesel locomotive!
In the 1950s, the Deutsche Reichsbahn were keen to get dieselisation underway, replacing steam locomotives with a modern fleet of standardised locomotives, that between all variants could cover any duty required on the network. Many locomotive designs started cropping up, including the V60, V90 and V164, however none managed to fill the 1,000 horsepower (746 kW) market, and so a further design was established.
Named the “V100”, the first of this new 1,000 horsepower locomotive was built in 1966 (following the production of two prototypes) and the result was a double-ended locomotive with the cab situated in the middle, allowing for seamless operation in either direction. In all, over 860 of these locomotives would be built, and they were put to use on all medium-weight freight traffic throughout East Germany.
Many locomotives were rebuilt during their lifespan in order to excel at more specific duties, one such in particular was retrofitted with a 1,475 horsepower (1100 kW) engine, and these were classified as the DR Class 114. With the Reunification of Germany and the merger of Deutsche Reichsbahn and Deutsche Bundesbahn, these locomotives were reclassified once again to become the DB BR 204 and started to see more widespread use, particularly as shunting locomotives.
Now, you can experience the classic DB BR 204 for yourself, as it has been authentically brought to life in Train Sim World!
Please note: Main-Spessart Bahn: Aschaffenburg - Gemünden is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- DB BR 204 “V100” diesel locomotive in DB Traffic Red livery
- Accurate, true-to-life performance and handling
- 3-stage fluid torque converter transmission gearbox with additional 2-gear mechanical gearbox
- PZ80r PZB90 V2.0 with AZ720 and Time-Time SIFA safety systems
- Switchable brake modes
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotive
- Includes an additional layer for Timetable Mode on Main-Spessart Bahn
- Includes three engaging scenarios and an interactive training module for Main-Spessart Bahn
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology