Experience the fastest rail line in America, from modern suburbia to sprawling countryside, linking the state capitals of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, in command of both Amtrak Regional and MBTA Commuter operations with Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour - Boston Sprinter. Feel the rush with brand new passengers. As you travel from station-to-station you will see a greater variety in passengers and higher passenger volumes at peak times. All recreating the hustle and bustle of Rush Hour.
The Boston and Providence Railroad dates back to the 1830s, making it one of the United States’ oldest railroads. Making travel easier than ever, the line played a part in the development of America’s commuter suburbs, a purpose which the line still serves to this day. Now part of the Northeast Corridor, with both MBTA and Amtrak at the helm, bustling commuter and high speed operations frequent the line hundreds of times a day.
It’s your job to take control of the services on this line; hurry long-distance passengers on Northeast Regional services between the two state capitals with the modern Amtrak ACS-64, or climb aboard the striking MBTA F40PH-3C and operate commuter services between each suburban hub along the way.
Choose how you want to play; operate trains, ride around as a passenger, complete the route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. Create your own experiences with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there's lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour - Boston Sprinter.
- 43-mile (70 km) route from Boston, Massachusetts to Providence, Rhode Island
- 4-mile (7 km) branch from Canton Junction to Staughton
- Includes the ACS-64 electric locomotive and Amfleet cars in Amtrak livery
- Includes the F40PH-3C diesel locomotive, single deck cars & cab car in MBTA livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology