Heavy tonnage, rolling farmlands, rugged mountains, modern motive power, and the history-rich, scenic countryside of Maryland and Pennsylvania all await you in the CSX Hanover Subdivision route for Train Simulator!
The CSX Hanover Subdivision route for Train Simulator extends from Porters, Pennsylvania (east of Hanover, Pa.) to Hagerstown, Maryland. The eastern section of the line passes through rolling and classic "Pennsylvania Dutch" farmlands, while the western portion of the route is dominated by the crossing of the towering Blue Ridge Mountains and features grades of up to 2 percent and two horseshoe curves!
Across its full length, the route is loaded with more than 20 line-side industries, including massive quarries and cement plants which generate heavy tonnage. And the route passes through a famous and historic part of America, including Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, site of the largest and most important battle of the American Civil War, where the rail line passes directly through a portion of the preserved National Battlefield.
The CSX Hanover Subdivision route includes a superb and diverse selection of freight rolling stock and four locomotives, highlighted by a unique CSX SD40-3 rebuilt locomotive along with a CSX GE Dash 8-40CW in YN3b livery, CSX EMD SD40-2, and a short line EMD GP9.
As an engineer on the 62-mile CSX Hanover Subdivision route, you’ll face the challenges of heavy-haul railroading on roller-coaster grades! And in addition to main line operations, you will tackle a variety of local and switching operations at lineside industries and amid the urban settings and railway yards of Hanover, Gettysburg, and Hagerstown!
Experience challenging and realistic modern railroading amid the historic and scenic American countryside of Pennsylvania and Maryland – with the CSX Hanover Subdivision route for Train Simulator!
- CSX Hanover Subdivision in scenic and rugged Maryland and Pennsylvania
- 62 route-miles through rolling farmland and across the Blue Ridge Mountains
- A variety of lineside industries, yards, and interchanges
- CSX SD40-3, SD40-2, and Dash 8-40CW diesels, plus a short line GP9
- Passage through historic Gettysburg and the Gettysburg National Battlefield
- A variety of freight cars, including two- and three-bay covered hoppers, stone hoppers, boxcars, center-beam flats, gondolas, tank cars, and other equipment
- Highly detailed and authentic structures and custom assets
- Nine realistic and challenging career scenarios plus a free-roam scenario
- Quick Drive compatible