Experience the rolling hills and picturesque countryside of the “Great Western”, aboard classic British diesel traction, with Rivet Games’ West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St Austell & St Ives route. Step back into the 1990s and relive this line in the pre-BR privatisation era.
The Cornish Main Line has long been the backbone for Cornwall. Opened in 1867, the line weaves its way through the landscape linking Cornwall to the rest of the country. Brunel originally built the line to his unique 7ft “broad gauge”, but in 1892 the route was converted to standard gauge. For those areas not reached by the main line, branches sprawl out to serve local communities, such as the St Ives Bay Line, which also sees tourist traffic - holidaymakers keen to make a coastal getaway.
It’s your job to take charge of the various services on this scenic route; carry passengers through the Cornish Countryside on local Regional Railways services and shuttle to and fro along the St Ives branch. Alternatively, take on the challenge of freight over the hills.
Be in control of the recognisable BR Class 150/2, a staple of any rural regional line in England, resplendent in Regional Railways livery. Alternatively, experience more classic motive power in the form of the BR Class 37/5, sporting Railfreight Grey livery, and accompanied by YCV ‘Turbot’ and YGB ‘Seacow’ wagons.
Choose how you want to play; drive trains, ride around as a passenger, complete the route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. Create your own experiences with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there's lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: West Cornwall Local.
- 44-mile (70 km) route from Penzance to St Austell, including the St Ives branch, as it was in the early 1990s
- BR Class 150/2 in Regional Railways livery and BR Class 37/5 in Railfreight Grey livery
- YCV ‘Turbot’ and YGB ‘Seacow’ wagons
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology